Wednesday, August 9, 2017

LET’S START AT THE VERY BEGINNING: ASK THE WORKFORCE

By Amrita Menon (Team Creative)

Your first Kaleidoscope experience is sort of like your first visit to an amusement park; your feet ache from all the running, your throat is sore from all the screaming and your cheeks are strained because you’ve never smiled so wide before. Whether it’s the stress that follows you around on the days leading up to the fest, or the pangs of excitement you feel in the moments before the first events are about to start, your first Kscope experience will stay with you for the rest of your life


We asked some of this year’s workforce to share some of their memories and experiences from their first Kaleidoscope. Here’s what they had to say:

1) Team Fundamentals’ Sheona Tellis remembers, “In my first year, I was the only Coordinator with my A-Coords and we would eavesdrop on the other frequencies on our walkie-talkies. We heard crazy stuff like Security Coords talking about audience misbehaving, the EC asking each other whether there was any milk in the hostel fridge and other Coords talking about hot guys.” Hungry and exhausted by the end of the festival, she admits, “I underestimated the small amounts of work by each Coord that went into making Kscope possible.”


2) Team Creative’s Mekhala Singhal recalls not knowing what to expect from the festival before it began but nervous about how it was going to turn out. “The start of the first day, before anything had happened I remember the excitement and how that nervous excitement was almost tangible. After the events began I remember how overwhelming it was- the number of people, the colours. That kind of vibe was something I’d never felt before. I felt proud of the fact that I was a part of this and that I’d helped put it together, although as an individual each of us plays just a small part. It was scary but also a lot of fun.”


3) Vishnupriya Jampa from Team PR  says that her Kaleidoscope experience “felt like a whole year and a heartbeat mushed into one.” To her, “It's the best thing a student can ask for.”


4) Team Funfair’s Prapti Solanki talks about how Kaleidoscope plays a part in forging lasting relationships and strong friendships. “Kscope has seen me evolve from being the kid to the mother in 3 years’ time. From being the introverted kid who spoke out of the blue and got strikes, to being a person who knows how to be patient and value others' opinions. If it weren't for Kscope, I probably would still travel alone, hate interacting with people from various batches, and still be too shy to talk to strangers, and. And lastly, but most importantly, if it weren't for Kscope, I wouldn't have found my miniature family in Funfair.”


5) The brains behind the brawl, the Executive Committee’s Malka Rizvi knew how special Kaleidoscope was even before she ever got here. “It was one of the reasons I chose Sophia.” She started off in 2015 as an Assistant Coordinator. “I saw the fun part of Kscope that year, and loved every second of it. The people, the events, the stalls, everything. That's when I realised how much this fest means to me.” In 2016, she became a Marketing Coordinator where she “Worked for a completely different aspect of the festival altogether, I was more responsible and felt more like a part of the Kscope family than I ever did before. This year, as a part of the Executive Committee, I eat, breathe and sleep Kaleidoscope. It’s my baby, it means so much to me, and I hope we can make this fest the craziest ever.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Retrospect – Kaleidoscope, 2017

By Komal Badve (Team Creative)  Once upon a time, not too long ago, approximately 200 ladies sitting at the grand marble staircase in ...