Monday, August 14, 2017

TEACHERS AT KALEIDOSCOPE – WHAT DO THEY THINK?

By Komal Badve (Team Creative)

This week for the blog, we interviewed one of our teachers about Kaleidoscope! A favourite among her students, Ms. Samrita Sinha belongs to the Department of English at Sophia College, and on being questioned, had many interesting answers to give. This is what she had to say.

How long have you been a teacher at Sophia College and what was your first Kaleidoscope like?

“I have been teaching at Sophia College for 4 years now, and my first Kaleidoscope was very awe-inspiring, given the grandeur of the festival. Being new to the college, I was more of an observer and was completely overwhelmed by the enthusiasm of the students. Looking at the whole thing as an outsider, I was quite impressed by the effort and hard work that went into shaping Kaleidoscope.”


How did your participation as a teacher increase over the years?

“I was very inspired by the other senior teachers who had a more participatory role than I did in my nascent year. Observing them, I gradually came to a better understanding of my role in Kaleidoscope and thus in the subsequent years, have been more involved. My colleagues from the English Department and I were asked to volunteer as Staff In-Charge for a few events. We were mostly participating in the capacity of trouble-shooters for the students. In that sense, Kaleidoscope is a space that has made me more aware of my responsibilities as a teacher towards the students, to enable them to organise such grand scale events.”


Name one of your favourite events and why.

“I like most of the events organised by Team Literary Arts, especially J.A.M. I was quite intrigued by the concept of it and enjoy the participants’ witty responses!”


Which workforce team would you like to be a part of and why?

“I think I’d like to be a part of Team Creative-” (I died of excitement) “-, given my love for aesthetics. As a teacher of English Literature I would like to contribute to the blog and also help with decor to try and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the festival with my creative prowess!”


What do you think brings people back every year?

“Apart from the grandeur of the festival, Kaleidoscope has a great energy and always has something new to offer. It completely revamps itself every year which makes it a great crowd puller.”


What are you looking forward to for this year’s Kaleidoscope?

“I’m excited for all the unconventional and out-of-the-box events, and of course the energy of the festival!”


Message for the workforce

“I appreciate the way students perform a sort of a juggling act between academics and Kaleidoscope work. It’s very inspiring to see them negotiate so many roles at the same time. Even the effort and time they put in, especially after college hours is very note worthy .The festival and all the hard work that goes into organising it is almost like a legacy that the seniors should pass on to the juniors. In terms of time management and organising the festival, the workforce always seeks to do better every year which is very refreshing.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

In Retrospect – Kaleidoscope, 2017

By Komal Badve (Team Creative)  Once upon a time, not too long ago, approximately 200 ladies sitting at the grand marble staircase in ...